CrispAds Blog Ads

Monday, September 12, 2005

 

Let's Have a Carnival

Being an ambitious nobody, I've had an idea to improve my visibility, as well as the visibility of other blogs. I typically write about two topics, economics and software. There's already a ”Carnival of the Capitalists”, but after spending some time on Google (using Andrew's patented “Google Ninja” skills) it seems there isn't a ”Carnival of Computing”. That ought to change soon, though.

As many of us know, a Carnival is a blog post highlighting other people's expertise on anything from recipes to capitalism. Every week, each particular carnival is hosted at a different site than the week before. I find these carnivals a great way of networking like minded individuals, as well as showcasing the best ideas in a certain field.

I have hosted the Carnival of the Capitalists before, and found it to be hard work, but hard work that was well worth it. So as soon as Gmail starts working, I'm going to get moving, and hope to have a “Carnival of Computing” up as soon as possible (hopefully by the end of the week).

Topics: These are hardly set in stone, but if you or someone you know has a blog specializing in the following areas, send them to me:

Software Design/Reviews
Hardware Design/Reviews
Open Source Commentary
Industry related Business
Etc.

My email is andrewhughes.1@gmail.com
|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?