CrispAds Blog Ads

Friday, May 20, 2005

 

Read This, It's Important!

My God, I remember why I could never like Netscape, or AOL for that matter. Always way too dumbed down. My first experience with N8 today was unpleasant, to say the least. Got to the download page, and it reminded me that the End User License Agreement (EULA), was not only important, but that third party software could be, like, cancerous or something. Honestly, I didn't read it, I never read those things. Boring boilerplate, unless it's from Microsoft, then I read the EULA very carefully. Ok now, the "Netscape Browser Installer" is up and running. Great, this again. Why could they never just give me the full file as an executable? Instead, they give me this dinky little 300 kb file that tells their server that my computer wants netscape. Wonderful. Then they want me to use their weather service, and Real...buffering...Player. That ain't gonna fly, I'm very capable of using google and winamp. Thanks anyway.

HOLY SHIT! They have a guide book. Everything I need to learn how to block pop ups with Netscape 8! Hot damn, this is the best thing ever. Ugh. Oh sweet jesus, it's like a slow firefox, and the old fox is pretty slow when it comes to launching. Oh boy, this is going to be fun. I need another beer (yes, it's early...)

Ok, I'm back. Not only does it feel like Firefox, it pretty much is FF. Built off of 1.0.3, I see. The interface is big, like, Opera 7 big. That's quite a turn off for me, but I realize that there are a lot of people who have been waiting patiently for the day when Netscape came back. Admittedly, it does have a few nice features, but They don't have to be the huge icons on the personal bar. Oh well, I'll browse around with it for a few pages, seems like it blocks pop ups ok. Not sure if it has the pop under bug that FF has, because I can't seem to recreate it on the sites I normally go to. No matter. My suggestion is, as always, Opera, with Firefox at a not so close second. Use Internet Exploerer for Windows updates (unless of course you have a pirated copy of windows, like someone I know...), and use N8 whenever you feel like using Firefox with what looks like the old Netscape. That's pretty much it.
|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?