CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

 

Community Depression

Last week, with a population that tripled overnight, I noticed something incredible. I can only describe it as community depression. By Friday it seemed that no one in Baton Rouge was up for anything. We were tired, emotionally worn out, sick of the traffic, sick of the lines. The weekend provided no respite, Labor Day was a business day this year. And on top of the fact that there was just a huge number of new people in town, it didn't help that they were even more depressed than we were. These hundreds of thousands of people had no homes, no jobs, no gas. No schools and no food. To sum everything up, life was bleak, and it didn't seem like there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Not even a flicker. I woke up Sunday morning and didn't feel like getting out of bed, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.
|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?