CrispAds Blog Ads

Monday, October 03, 2005

 

Fall...

*Warning: Strong Language Rant Ahead*

It's that wonderful time of the year. The air is crisp, the leaves are changing, and the wind is blowing all around. Fall is here. And in Louisiana, that means this place isn't so hellish.

Oh, how wrong I am. It's football season, and that means the idiots are full force these days. You know, you can go ahead and like any sport you please, any team (me, I like Baseball and Soccer), but there's something about Football that strikes me as a bit off. It could be that I've played soccer since I could walk. Though it could also be because Football reminds me of a traffic jam. Stop. Start. Stop. Start. RUN! Oh, no, stop again. Geez.

Now I'm a big fan of soccer riots (shit does look fun), and I'm rather partial to a baseball fan's heckling (batteries come to mind), but these football fans that only drink and occasionally stand up (though always shouting), well, I can't have that.

I chose the wrong school. I go to LSU and I'll be damned if you can do anything on a Saturday. Everything on campus closes (the library?! What the fuck?). The places that I usually go to get some studying are now filled with rowdy fucks who couldn't get tickets. Hell, I don't know what's more pathetic, the rowdy fucks or me for bitching about them.

Why can't we like soccer (or real "football") here in the states like the rest of the world does? I promise you that drinking and then getting into a riot is much more fun than drinking and sitting around watching a bloody mindless sport. And we wonder how everyone in the world is skinnier than we are...they get as much as a workout at the games as the players themselves.

I'm so going to hell for this post, aren't I? Well Flame on!


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?