CrispAds Blog Ads

Sunday, November 06, 2005

 

Carnival of Computing v1.0.4

I've decided to move this carnival to Mondays, that'll give the host a weekend to prepare. Don't forget to submit your stories here, and ask me about hosting this carnival. It's time for it to move off of my site every week, and you know you'll love the traffic. Most of the following links pop, but I may have missed a few. Enjoy!

David Daniels at Business & Technology Reinvention presents Value Creation Principles. A list of 10 simple principles to help technology companies grow.

Natalie Bennett at Philobiblon presents a Book review: The Gender Politics of ICT. An issue that definitely deserves a bit more publicity.

Robert Scoble has a post reminding us that websites aren't made by computers, but people. He spoke to one of the builders of Live.com and it sounds like support for Firefox is coming soon. Will it also support Opera.


Scott Clark, who writes for Everything USB reviews Microsoft's Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. I can honestly say that it's the longest story about a keyboard I've ever seen. Good work and thourough.


Joel Ross of RossCode gives us his weekly roundup of tech news. I've got to give him credit, gather all of that has to take time. If you want links actual tech news stories, go there.


Mike at Collaboritive Thinking gives us some (go figure) thoughts on transitions between different communication and collaboration technologies and how it relates to Microsoft's use of media streams.

Scott Berkun writes about what he does best, User Interfaces. In this post, he critiques feedshot.com.


Dwight Silverman of Techblog announces that Microsoft Anti-spyware has undergone a name change. Windows Defender. What's in a name, really?


Charlene Li has a lengthy post about Microsoft Live's strategy. I'm not entirely sold on Live, but I can see where Charlene is coming from. This will be a good thing for Microsoft.

TipMonkies has a short review of Yahoo Maps. I haven't tried it much, so it's probably a good idea to give his review some consideration.

It sounds like Shoe over at Linux Librarian is having some trouble with Flock's blogging interface. I can't blame him, Flock handles one blog account rather well, but I can't imagine it does well with 2 blogs.


Ed Brill is ready for LotuSphere three months before it happens. Can't say I blame him, he's going to be speaking there. Sounds like it's gonna be a blast, congrat's Ed.

And since I'm hosting this, check out my "in depth study" of Adbrite versus Yahoo.









http://www.truthlaidbear.com/ubercarnival.php


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?