CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

The Threshold

I've finally crossed the line I didn't even know existed. Before my 4 month long hiatus (thank you so much, Amy, glad Rita came and visited you) I spoke so much more about economic issues. So much so that I made quite a few aquaintences in much higher places than I, a lowly college student. It's unfortunate that I don't keep in touch with some of them as often as I ought (especially Michael Higgins, my first real friend through the 'net). I'm not sure why I've been writing geekier posts the past month or so, but that's where my interest has been.

School has gotten much too tedious and boring for me to rip economic and finacial posts straight from my homework like I used to. I find myself knowing, through my Grandfather and others, many of the topics discussed in class.

I suppose you may say that I write about technology more often because I'm trying to find a brief respite from my classes. And that is half the truth. You see, back in the day (when the net was young and full of vigor) I used to be an electrical engineering major. I might have actually made it if it weren't for physics. After you fail a subject three times (even if you're father has his ph.d. in it) you give up. However, technology has always sparked an interest in me. You can call me a geek if you'd like, but I'd correct you. I'm not a geek, a dork, or any other type of slander directed towards the more technologically apt. I have a bit more of a classical education than you may think (especially because my posts don't alway reflect it). Give my father that much.

So where too next? The last few posts I've given business, personal, and technological insight as best I could I'd leave it up to you, the reader, which direction I should follow, but I know that it is only within me that which will guide me.

I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. (Milton Berle).

Or to be more direct and cliche'd, I will aim for the heavens, and if I hit the moon I'll consider myself lucky.



|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?