CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

To all you unmarrieds

After all the cheating ex-girlfriends I've had (up to four this past fortnight), this sounds like a lot of fun, though replace the male parts for female and you'll get the idea. Basically, some girl went nutso. I have yet to RTFA, but I can bet it was because the guy went and cheated on her. Poor girl, really. It's like I told my friend Mary Catherine (whose site I will not link to until I have an OK) the other day, there're bastards both male and female. 90% of this world is populated by assholes and bastards. Don't let them bring you down (since it sounds better in latin, "Non illigitamus carborundum {est?}"). Sounds like both she and I have gotten burned by the opposite sex one, or four in my case, too many times.
/>

People, use common sense. If he/she seems like an ass after a few dates, they probably are (yay subject verb agreement). I try to be an upstanding guy in a relationship, which means I sometimes get walked upon. Just call me the human door mat. Seriously, though, look out. You never know who's going to stab you in the back. I'm not the type, but I've dated plenty of them. Then again, I have yet to be the asshole/bastard of any relationship, and I don't plan to be any time soon.
/>

You know what, after so long, I think my tastes in women have changed dramatically. I used to go for the ones that would put up with me for extended periods of time. My rule used to be that if they can take me for more than 24 hours, they could take me for life. That's not as important as I used to think it was. Hell, if anyone can put up with me for an hour or so they deserve some kind of award. Even if the you and her (or you and him) don't converse for hours on end, but the feelings are there, go for it.
/>

No, honesty and openness is what I'm looking for these days. It's taken some work and some time, but I can honestly say that those women are out there. You two probably know who you are, so congratulations (and if you don't, I'll give you a hint. You're the only two WOMEN[!] I keep in touch with because of that). There are men out there just the same, and if you find them, hold on to them. Be it me or someone other than me, it doesn't really matter, so long as you find the one who is open and honsest. Nothing really matters more than those two qualities.
/>

Does this count as a personal post? I hope not. Didn't I say two weeks ago I'd refrain from them? Thought so. Something in that article must have sparked a semi rant/semi philosoph in me. Do what your heart and mind tells you, but if either says differently, it's not going to work. Trust me, I've been there before.
/>


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?